Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Bride's Guilty Pleasure - Say Yes To The Dress TV Show


My mom and I are 100%, no holds barred, completely, insanely obsessed with TLC's "Say Yes To The Dress." Seriously, as sad as this sounds, there is nothing I'd rather do on a Friday night than watch at least two episodes in a row of this bridal bonanza.

When my fiance really wants to get on my good side, he actually DVR's all of the re-runs from the week and provides me with the best Friday night a girl could ask for: three or more hours of unadulterated wedding dress bliss!

The show documents the trial, tribulations, taffeta and sometimes tackiness of THE infamous wedding dress hunt at the quintessential wedding dress store, Manhattan's Kleinfeld's.

This Friday night's episode made our jaws drop even lower than normal when we met Jessica. While she may surely be a very nice person, her taste in bridal gowns is far from nice. Vampy. Trampy. Tacky are more like it.
But that's the fun of the show--you see the best, the worst, the ugliest and the prettiest that this bridal-obsessed world has to offer.
Here's to hoping that no one has this kind of reaction when they see my dress!
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments: