Monday, November 9, 2009

Make It Visual For Your Florist


My mom and I had our first official visit with a florist last week. And boy were we "newbies!" Sure, my mom (who I would call an expert wedding planner on the side) has met with tons of florists before. But somehow we didn't quite know what to do or what to ask.

Eventually, we made it through our appointment unharmed and with smiles on our faces, eager to see the proposal that our florist brings back to us.

But in looking back, my advice is to bring tons of pictures, scraps, color swatches, like the ones pictured above. The more visual and sensory the better. The less words the better. I think that artistic folks, like florists, respond best when they can truly see your vision...know what you mean when you say "rustic" and picture what the heck you have going on in that bridal head of yours!
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

No comments: